Monday, October 27, 2008

Activity # 23: Summarize thoughts

It just never fails to amaze me how much there is to learn. I'm glad of it, ecstatic really, but also intimidated. No single person could ever get through such a wealth of info in a lifetime. That's one thing I struggle with, that I feel depressed about.

I'm the kind of person who "studies" constantly. I haven't just done that since I've been going to library school. I've always done it. Right now I'm working my way through Penguin's 'History of the World.' I'm still in the early parts, at Mesopotamia, but I find it all so fascinating seeing connections between things, how one thing lead to another. That kind of thing. Once I finish this book I'm going to see if I can learn basic theories of the Universe. And after that? Philosophy, then spirituality. Then, who knows?

This experience, of experiencing 23 things, was eye-opening. I know the internet's rich, but forcing myself to zone in on specific sites really helped control my impulse to surf blindly, something I do all the time. And I do mean ALL THE TIME.

I appreciate this assignment, the thought that went into it and the points it made. The internet is nearly infinite, and it's only getting bigger. Sounds a lot like the Universe, eh? And like the Universe none of us will ever get to the end of it.

Lisa

No comments: